Ordering and Returns
Black's of Greenock are completely dedicated to your total satisfaction. If you have any suggestions or comments please contact us
Black's of Greenock
15 Dunivaig Road
Easter Queenslie Ind. Est.
VAT Registration Number: 921 6211 59
Information on this page;
Place Orders and Pay Online
Black's of Greenock use Sage Pay to process payments.Sage Pay accepts Visa and Mastercard.
You will not be charged for any item until it is ready to ship. Backordered items are not charged until they are shipped. You can also send your payment details to us via phone, fax or post. Please do not email credit card details.
When confirmation of order is received, this is to indicate that we have received your order. It does not indicate that a contract exists between us. We will indicate acceptance of your order when we send you an invoice. We have included this term to protect us in the case that a mistake has been made in pricing or we are no longer able to supply a particular product for some reason. In the case of a change of price, we will always contact you first to ensure that the price is acceptable.
VAT will be applied to your order at the standard UK rate of 20%. You will see the VAT amount included in the products as you navigate through the site. However VAT will be pulled out into a separate line item as you checkout with your order.
Telephone, Postal Mail and Fax Orders
We accept payment details received via phone, fax or post. Please do not email credit card details.
Using the Website/Shopping Cart
If you cannot use our convenient online shopping catalogue please ensure that you are running the latest version of your chosen web browser. To view content and place orders on our web site, we recommend that you use the most recent version of Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari.
Availability dates, where stated, are as accurate and up to date as possible and we constantly monitor these to ensure the latest information is shown on our website. However, occasionally the dates that our products are expected to arrive at our distribution centres can change, due to circumstances beyond our control. As such, on very rare occasions, the pre-order availability date shown on our website may change or be temporarily out of date.
Shipping and Handling
We will generally ship within 3-5 working days. If it's going to be longer than this we will let you know. Where possible we use Parcelforce or Tuffnells / 48 hour delivery. Larger items may be shipped by pallet. If this is the case, we will contact you to arrange.
To get your order to you as quickly as possible, we may need to split it into multiple shipments.
In the unlikely event that shipping charges are higher than estimated, you will be notified by email before the charges are made to your credit card. We cannot currently ship orders to countries not shown in our checkout process.
We reserve the right to refuse any sale at any time.
Whilst uncommon, shipping problems can occur.
If your shipment arrives damaged, please do not open the box or remove any of the packaging materials. A representative from Black's of Greenock, or the fulfilment partner, will have to process a damage claim with the shipping provider, arrange for the damaged merchandise to be returned and give you further instructions to receive a replacement.
- When returning products you are under a duty to take reasonable care to ensure that Black's of Greenock receives the products and that the products are not damaged in transit. We therefore recommend that you use a recorded delivery service when you are returning a product. A collection service may be offered for some products.
- Please note that you will be responsible for the costs of returning the products to us or for the use of the collection service unless there is a fault (see below).
If the product you receive: (a) has been sent to you incorrectly; (b) is damaged; (c) does not conform to its description; (d) is not fit for purpose; or (e) is not of satisfactory quality and is considered defective. Note that damage caused to the product once it is in your possession does not make the product defective and is beyond our responsibility.
- Products in excess of 30kg may require a courier service to return. Costs are likely to be between £20 - £30, but will vary depending on courier, parcel size and weight, and location of goods.
- If a product is defective, please contact Black's of Greenock using the contact details at the top of this page.
- Faulty products should be returned to Black's of Greenock as soon as possible, in any event, within 30 days of delivery.
- New items, in saleable condition with all packaging, can be returned within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.
- In particular, any items returned to us as being faulty or incomplete are checked and verified by our technicians. Any returned items that are found not to be faulty or incomplete will be returned to the sender and we shall be entitled to charge you for the return carriage costs via your original payment method. In the event that your credit card has expired, or is declined we will hold the item(s) until full payment has been made for the return carriage.
- Any items that you return to us are at your own risk. We therefore strongly advise all customers to take reasonable care when returning any items, for example, by ensuring the goods are correctly addressed, adequately packaged, and carried by a reputable carrier.
- Your rights are protected by the Consumer Rights Act 2015
For Warranty Returns, please refer to Refund Policy